Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Duke University Athletics
||Durham, NC United States
|| Sports and Recreation
Open Door Initiative Summer Internship Program |
Duke Athletics is seeking qualified individuals to participate in the 2018 Open Door Initiative. This program is designed to provide minority undergraduates, interested in pursuing a career in athletics, an opportunity to gain hands on experience and get exposure to various career paths within the Duke Athletics Department. This is a seven-week unpaid program. Housing will be provided.
Qualifications & Requirements
Program runs from June 11, 2018 to July 27, 2018
Networking: Weekly one-on-one meetings with Duke Senior Administrators
Development: Participate in various professional & career development workshops
Rising Junior or Senior
Cumulative 3.0 G.P.A.
Ability to work a minimum of 25 hours a week
How to Apply:
A completed application will include:
• Two Letters of Recommendation
• Copy of an unofficial transcript
• Areas of Interest
• Word or PDF document responding to the following:
- Briefly detail your career aspirations.
- What unique attributes will you bring to Duke Athletics and the Open Door Initiative?
- What do you hope to gain from the experience?
- In at least 500 words, please address a current challenge facing college athletics and what you think would be the best resolution?
Please submit these documents to Duke Athletics HR at DUAAemail@example.com.
Application and required supporting documents must be submitted no later than Friday March 16, 2018 to Duaafirstname.lastname@example.org (with the Open Door Initiative as the subject line) or via U.S. mail:
Duke Athletics Open Door Initiative
Attn: Kelsey Willingham Duke Athletics Human Resources
365 Scott Family Athletics Performance Center
Durham, NC 27708
|Contact Name:||Kelsey Willingham|
Duke University Athletics |